Florida Real Estate Attorney
Real estate investing should be a part of everyone’s wealth-building strategy. Our firm is a member of Central Florida Realty Investors and represents investors throughout Florida in a variety of matters. Our Founder and Managing Attorney, Charles Castellon, is also a real estate investor.
We understand investors and when we encounter challenges in real estate deals, we don’t say “that can’t be done.” Instead, we ask “how can we do this?” while seeking legal and ethical solutions and encouraging win-win results.
We handle both transactions and litigation and provide title and escrow services through our affiliated title agency, Esquire Title Company, where “hard deals are made easy.”
Many of our legal and title clients engage in creative investing techniques (sometimes called “transactional engineering”). Our investor clients practice:
- Buy & hold
- Private lending
- Bank-owned and short sale purchases
- Tax deeds
- Other real estate investing strategies
Florida Land Trusts
Florida land trusts are a vital tool for real estate investors. CPC Law advises and educates clients on land trusts and drafts the legal documents correctly.
Tax Deed Sales & Quiet Title
Following a tax deed sale purchase, the investor will likely need to file a “quiet title” lawsuit to be able to pass clear title when they sell. CPC Law helps guide these investors through the legal process.
Private Lending and Note-Buying
Many of our investor clients build their wealth and generate income through private, or “hard-money” lending and buying performing and non-performing notes secured by mortgages. This is a great way to invest in real estate passively.
When you lend money secured by real estate or step into the shoes of lenders by buying their notes, you’re entering a vast and sometimes dangerous world of legal issues, business risk and government regulations. If you’re considering lending to owner-occupant borrowers or buying “paper” from lenders who do, you have to understand the regulatory world of the Dodd-Frank legislation and Consumer Finance Protection Bureau. If you don’t, it may cost you greatly.
Here’s how CPC Law will help you navigate these issues.
- CPC Law was founded in 2008 as the foreclosure crisis roared. We built a high-volume practice representing homeowners and borrowers in all stages of foreclosure. Our firm fought many lenders and their attorneys in and out of court and sometimes, for years. We know how lenders operate and understand the legal framework for lending and dealing with borrowers. CPC Law helps investors learn to do what the big banks do right and avoid their mistakes.
- We’re both a transactional and litigation firm. This means we’ll help you structure and negotiate deals as well as go to court. If you buy a note with a borrower in the property or your private borrower defaults, we can help structure settlement deals including a deed in lieu of foreclosure, loan modification or forbearance plan to avoid foreclosure.
- If you need to file a foreclosure action, we’ll handle that efficiently and effectively for reasonable fees. Because we don’t represent big banks and institutions like Fannie and Freddie, we have the freedom to handle these cases right and without the burdens of institutional red tape.
Real Estate Investor Subscription Legal Services
To serve investors who need legal services and advice on a regular basis, we offer subscription-based services. This model helps our clients avoid hourly-billing, scheduling consults and other inconveniences traditionally related to getting legal services.
The subscription plan benefits include but are not limited to:
- Having a real estate attorney on call for answers and advice
- Peace of mind from avoiding liability through asset-protection planning
- Access to legal forms with an attorney’s guidance on how to use them
- Updates on changes in law that affect your business
- Estate-planning consults
- Contract and other document review and drafting
- Joint-venture advice and agreements
- LLC formation
- Allotted amounts of yearly attorney time included in each plan level
Florida Eviction Kit for Real Estate Investors
CPC Law has developed a FREE eviction kit for real estate investors with rental property in Florida. The eviction kit was developed as a flowchart on the Florida eviction process with corresponding legal forms. Simply follow the process and use the forms to legally get rid of non-paying tenants!